Thursday, May 16, 2013

Daily Inspiration: The Lord Will Always Prevail


Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me; all day long they press their attack. My slanderers pursue me all day long; many are attacking me in their pride. When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” (Psalm 56:1-4)


Courtesy: Pinterest
Where do you go when you feel like the whole world is against you? Do you turn to God?
I know sometimes, when I am weak and my word feels like it’s falling apart; I don’t seek God’s help. Sometimes I go hide in my room, take a nap, bake or do laundry. I do anything that will take my mind off a stressful situation. I do anything I can to feel safe and secure.

David wrote this Psalm when the Philistines caught him in Gath. These Philistines hated the Israelites.

Some historians believe they never forgave David for killing Goliath.

When David wrote this Psalm I wonder if he was thinking back to the time when God gave him the power to defeat the giant (Goliath)? Remember he only had five stones and a sling. But what he had to kill Goliath didn’t matter; he could have had anything…because when he called on God to deliver him, the Lord did just that.

Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell face down on the ground.  So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.” (1 Samuel 17: 49-50)
So I challenge you the next time you need refuge…run to God. David is a perfect example of how much God loves us and wants to save us. All we have to do is call on Him.



-LM

Resources: Daily Wisdom for Women, Practical Biblical Insight for Today's Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment