Monday, May 13, 2013

Daily Inspiration: Jesus Loves Those Who Doubt




"Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” A week later his disciples were in the house again and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”  Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

My Sunday school class studied this passage this weekend.

Courtesy: Pinterest
A lot of the time we skim through parts of the bible that don’t stick out as monumental moments.
But it’s so important to remember that every word of the bible was written for a specific reason.
Personally, I never took the time to think about what Jesus was doing with Thomas in John 20.
I use to think… who would want to be recorded throughout history for doubting God?
But the way God uses Thomas is so beautiful here. Jesus uses Thomas to show that we will doubt and although we will Jesus won’t stop loving us.

Doubting Thomas is proof of this. Not once did Jesus condemn Thomas for his doubt. Jesus knew that Thomas needed to see Him to believe.

Thomas is encouragement to all of God’s people. God knows we aren’t perfect and our mind will lose faith but the Holy Spirit will always push us to know better.

When Jesus said, ““Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Can you see how truly blessed we are by our Savior? Of course, it would have been incredible to have been able to see Jesus resurrected…but what God gives us now is even greater.

He gives us the free will to show him we love him, to choose him over everything else… so that we can spend eternity with him by having true faith in his living Word.  

- LM

No comments:

Post a Comment